It’s right around the corner, and it’s one of the most important fundraising days of the year….#GivingTuesday. Just one of the many perks of participating in Mightycause’s #GivingTuesday event is free access to many of our most powerful Premium fundraising tools. Mightycause Premium features are modern, user-friendly tools that are designed to help nonprofits better engage their donors and supporters. These plans usually start at $99 a month, but your nonprofit can access and trial these features for free during your #GivingTuesday campaign to help you raise even more funds, and better manage your process during this critical and busy time of year for fundraising.
Get Started for #GivingTuesday
If you haven’t started your #GivingTuesday campaign on Mightycause, get started right now to access these features along with other great Perks!
Utilizing Premium Tools for #GivingTuesday
Now that we’ve given you access, we want to help get you up to speed on the best ways that you can put these premium features to work for you. Read our top tips below and then get working on incorporating these strategies into your larger #GivingTuesday campaign:
1. Prospect for better outreach with your Supporters CRM tool.
Take a deeper dive into your donor history and develop an outreach plan that will increase engagement and return to lead to more donations.
- Sort your supporters to identify top donors (those that have given the most
over time, or the largest number of gifts) that you can prospect for a matching grant or major gift as part of your#GivingTuesday campaign
- Review a donor’s detailed donation and fundraising history before you do personal outreach to fully acknowledge their previous support and involvement. Add tags or notes to further personalize and segment their communications.
- Download your full supporter history to make sure you reach out to all the contacts that have supported you over the years.
2. Make your fundraising and follow up more efficient and automated with Data Connect automatic integration tools.
With access to over 1,000 apps that you can set up a direct integration with from Mightycause donation data, you can streamline your data entry and donor follow up after the campaign.
- Set up a “personalized” thank you email in gmail on behalf of your Executive Director to send to donors.
- Automatically add donors to an email list in one of many programs (including MailChimp, Constant Contact, Autopilot, Campaign Monitor and more) so that you can appropriately communicate with them throughout your end of the year campaign. This might mean excluding them from your next email with a donation ask, or including them in a special segment that acknowledges their #GivingTuesday gift.
- Maintain your donor database in Salesforce? Automatically add a new contact record, or a new donation record to an existing contact in Salesforce to save time and manual data entry. (Note: Salesforce is a Premium zapier app, so you will need a Premium Zapier account to access this integration).
- Ensure you don’t miss a donor and keep your social media feed live all day by auto-posting thank you’s for donors on either facebook or twitter.
- Explore zapier for other options/apps your nonprofit is currently using to see what other automatic integrations you can set up.
3. Post a volunteer opportunity with the Calls to Action feature.
#GivingTuesday isn’t just about donations, there are lots of ways the engaging supporters as volunteers can help to support your campaign, and your year-round stewardship and engagement efforts.
- Are you hosting an event on #GivingTuesday? Post opportunities for key roles that need to be handled during the event like check-in or manning the silent auction so your Development Director and Executive Director can focus on connecting with donors.
- Short-staffed at your nonprofit? Post opportunities for specific needs and skill-sets that can support your campaign, like someone to man social media, prepare visually engaging graphics, and more.
- Let your #GivingTuesday campaign go beyond an ask to donate. Host an event that allows volunteers to live your mission in action. You can prepare and distribute meals, host a clean up effort at a local park, invite supporters to interact with your rescue animals or whatever activity will connect these individuals to your mission.
4. Fundraise & Report Smarter with Analytics.
Go beyond the basics of pulling your donations report to track your success. Use Analytics to access visuals and reports prepared for you to better measure your results.
- Integrate a Google Analytics tracking code to monitor visitors, session data and traffic sources to your #GivingTuesday campaign
- Save time on your internal debrief, pull Analytics after the event to easily prepare reports for your board with dynamical visuals to support your metrics.
- Filter your Analytics dashboard to view results from this year’s #GivingTuesday campaign to last year’s campaign, and take note of key changes (both good and bad).