On December 3, 2019, millions of people came together from around the globe to support their favorite causes on #GivingTuesday, with the Giving Tuesday Data Collaborative estimating that $2 billion was raised in the United States alone. Mightycause saw a record amount of activity on our platform. Collectively, 5,505 nonprofits raised more than $6 million on our platform!
#GivingTuesday Results on Mightycause
2019 was a record-breaking year on Mightycause. We processed thousands upon thousands of donations, connected thousands of donors with nonprofit organizations throughout the United States (and beyond), and raised millions. It was our biggest #GivingTuesday in years! Here are a few key stats from our #GivingTuesday results.
Top Nonprofit Categories
Mightycause is proud to be the fundraising platform for a truly diverse array of causes, from faith-based organizations to animal rescue groups to food banks and beyond. On #GivingTuesday, these categories of nonprofits were the top fundraisers:
- Community: Community organizations raised an incredible $1,183,211.21 on #GivingTuesday. Community groups include any nonprofits focused on providing services to their immediate community.
- Children & Family: Organizations serving Children & Family causes raised $1,008,352.31. This category includes any nonprofit with a mission to help children and families, such as food banks, diaper banks, children’s hospitals, and more.
- Education: This category raised $893,981.17! This category includes schools, parent-teacher associations, after-school programs, education outreach and support, and even debate clubs.
- Animals: Animal shelters, rescues, sanctuaries and advocacy groups raised $870,090.96 on #GivingTuesday.
- Humanitarian Aid: Rounding out the top categories from #GivingTuesday is Humanitarian Aid, which includes organizations focused on mission work, providing direct aid to victims of disasters, and helping communities and individuals domestically and internationally. These nonprofits raised $330,033.20.
Most Philanthropic States
#GivingTuesday saw donors from all over the country stepping up to support nonprofit organizations doing amazing work, but a few states gave more! Here are the states that saw the most dontions on #GivingTuesday.
- Georgia: 14,053 donors from the state of Georgia connected with causes on Mightycause on #GivingTuesday, raising over $3 million!
- California: California was a hotspot for charitable giving on December 3rd, with 2,027 donors giving to causes throughout the day.
- Virginia: Mightycause’s home state didn’t disappoint! 1,344 donors gave to causes on Mightycause on #GivingTuesday.
- Ohio: Ohio brought in a total of 1,278 donors.
- Massachusetts: 952 donors hailed from Massachusetts on #GivingTuesday, making them the fifth most philanthropic state!
#GivingTuesday on Mightycause
For our own event, we offered $2,500 in prize grants and free subscriptions to Mightycause Advanced valuing more than $9,500 to invest in small and mid-size nonprofits doing great things on our platform.
At the end of the day, 25 organizations walked away with prizes that will help fund their work and help them fundraise better with access to our fundraising tools.
Want to learn more?
Request a demo and learn more about Mightycause.Request a Demo