It’s right around the corner, and it’s one of the most important fundraising days of the year….#GivingTuesday. Just one of the many perks of participating in Mightycause’s #GivingTuesday event is free access to many of our most powerful Advanced fundraising tools. Mightycause Advanced features are modern, user-friendly tools that are designed to help nonprofits better engage their donors and supporters. These plans usually start at $99 a month, but your nonprofit can access and trial these features for free during your #GivingTuesday campaign to help you raise even more funds, and better manage your process during this critical and busy time of year for fundraising.
Get Started for #GivingTuesday
If you haven’t started your #GivingTuesday campaign on Mightycause, get started right now to access these features along with other great Perks!
Utilizing Advanced Tools for #GivingTuesday
To get started on your free trial head over to your Mightycause dashboard in your organizations account. Under the settings tab, click plan management. There you should find a button thats says “start your trial”. Click that and you will have access to the Advanced features for the next 14 days!
Now that we’ve given you access, we want to help get you up to speed on the best ways that you can put these Advanced features to work for you. Read our top tips below and then get working on incorporating these strategies into your larger #GivingTuesday campaign:
1. Prospect for better outreach with your Supporters CRM tool.
Take a deeper dive into your donor history and develop an outreach plan that will increase engagement and return to lead to more donations.
- Sort your supporters to identify top donors (those that have given the most
over time, or the largest number of gifts) that you can prospect for a matching grant or major gift as part of your#GivingTuesday campaign
- Review a donor’s detailed donation and fundraising history before you do personal outreach to fully acknowledge their previous support and involvement. Add tags or notes to further personalize and segment their communications.
- Download your full supporter history to make sure you reach out to all the contacts that have supported you over the years.
2. Make your fundraising and follow up more efficient with direct integrations with Salesforce, Mailchimp, Slack and Google Analytics as well as thousands more integrations through Zapier.
Streamline your data flow by directly linking your Mightycause account to these applications with our integrations with Salesforce, Mailchimp, Slack, and Google Analytics.
- Maintain your donor database in Salesforce? Automatically add a new contact record, or a new donation record to an existing contact in Salesforce to save time and manual data entry.
- Maintain your mailing list in Mailchimp? Automatically add new donors to your Mailchimp Audience and use Mailchimp tags to automatically tag your donor records!
- Use Slack for your organizations internal communication? Create a slack channel integrated with Mightycause so your entire team can receive Mightycause updates on donations and fundraising efforts.
- Using Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel for data analytics? Use this integration to turn your tracking on for your Mightycause pages to track page views, events and more!
Use Zapier to allow access to over 1,000 apps that you can set up a direct integration with Mightycause donation data, streamlining your data entry and donor follow up after the campaign.
- Set up a “personalized” thank you email in gmail on behalf of your Executive Director to send to donors.
- Automatically add donors to an email list in one of many programs (including Constant Contact, Autopilot, Campaign Monitor and more) so that you can appropriately communicate with them throughout your end of the year campaign. This might mean excluding them from your next email with a donation ask, or including them in a special segment that acknowledges their #GivingTuesday gift.
- Ensure you don’t miss a donor and keep your social media feed live all day by auto-posting thank you’s for donors on either facebook or twitter.
- Explore Zapier for other options/apps your nonprofit is currently using to see what other automatic integrations you can set up.
3. Allow additional mobile option for donors with Text to Give!
Provide donors an additional option for donations by utilizing Text to Give this #GivingTuesday!
- Create your own custom Text to Give keywords for donors to text in donations through for #Giving Tuesday.
- The “keyword” is what your donors will text to an 800 number (844-844-6844) to donate to your nonprofit. You can create an evergreen keyword for donations to your nonprofit’s organization profile year-round, as well as keywords for campaigns you run throughout the year.
4. Post a volunteer opportunity with the Volunteers feature.
#GivingTuesday isn’t just about donations, there are lots of ways the engaging supporters as volunteers can help to support your campaign, and your year-round stewardship and engagement efforts.
- Are you hosting an event on #GivingTuesday? Post opportunities for key roles that need to be handled during the event like check-in or manning the silent auction so your Development Director and Executive Director can focus on connecting with donors.
- Short-staffed at your nonprofit? Post opportunities for specific needs and skill-sets that can support your campaign, like someone to man social media, prepare visually engaging graphics, and more.
- Let your #GivingTuesday campaign go beyond an ask to donate. Host an event that allows volunteers to live your mission in action. You can prepare and distribute meals, host a clean up effort at a local park, invite supporters to interact with your rescue animals or whatever activity will connect these individuals to your mission.